Sunday 6 July 2014

A preview



How I wish I could take photos like this! India Hobson was the photographer and the location apparently was Walcot Hall. It's for Knit Generation, a collection of patterns which will be published by Quail. And you may have guessed it: this cowl is my contribution. It has been a truly exciting process from sending them my suggestion for a pattern - simply being asked to do so was exciting enough - to being sent these photos (with permission to use them) some nine months later. I was also pleased to learn that they not only liked my design but also my choice of colours. Not that you can get it terribly wrong with Rowan Felted Tweed...




Seriously, I do think colours are tricky. In my new twined project I stick to blue and grey. This looks like a toothless grin, but is actually Twined Attempts 1 and 2. I love Greek key patterns and wanted it for the neckband, but it felt too thick. Also, I decided to use grey instead of white for a softer look. I'm keeping the neckband, though. Not to wear it, but for reference!



I höstas blev jag tillfrågad om jag ville lämna in ett förslag till ett bidrag till en samling stickmönster. Visst ville jag det! Det fanns vissa restriktioner, som val av garn och mängd och ett tema det skulle passa ihop med, men det gjorde det ju faktiskt betydligt enklare att komma på något. Till min stora förtjusning blev min patentstickade fuskpolo vald, och sedan hade jag fullt upp med mönsterskrivning och korrekturstickning. Ungefär nio månader (symboliken känns övertydlig) efter den första kontakten (låter bibliskt i sammanhanget) har jag nu fått se fotona de har tagit. Troligen kommer boken (häftet?) ut till hösten.

Avslutningsvis lite skamlös reklam för två kurser jag ser fram emot att hålla:


5 comments:

Liisa said...

Congratulations to your publication! The photos are really great, and the colour combination. Both yours and that in the photo!

Maybe you can use the key pattern at the bottom of the sweater (or another) instead?

Anonymous said...

Many congratulations!!! I am very impressed, and so pleased that your work is getting this recognition.

Pettsons morsa said...

Du är så vansinnigt skicklig! Hälsar fd Eldstickan Anette

Kerry said...

Congratulations Ivar, your fame increases :) I like your colours in both the cowl and the "toothless grin".

ron in mexico said...

Congratulations. Your work is amazing and is getting the recognition it deserves.
Ron in Mexico