Sunday 17 November 2013

Double-knitted jacked in progress

Sweet and slow: I like the way this jacket is turning out, but it does take a lot of time since double knitting (logically) involves twice as many stitches. This technique is just as addictive as brioche knitting and I have quite a few ideas I want to try. But when? Retiring at 40 is a tempting idea but not really realistic...

I couldn't resist adding an A for Asplund (or Armpit) before dividing the jacket into a back and two front sections. Suddenly knitting only one of the fronts is so much quicker I find myself making mistakes quite often as I mix up rows (knitting the same row again).

also right side

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Så vackert mönster! Och fin färgsättning!

Annes indfald said...

WAUW... Det ser smukt ud. Du er da kommet langt. Og så kan jeg godt lide dit A, et lille "smil", under armen. De små sjove detaljer der gør værket unikt. Jeg sneg også initialer og årstal med på bagsiden af kanten på mit Æblesjal.
Fortsat god arbejdslyst.
Og hold fokus!!!

Linda said...

Love your music posts. That double-knit jacket is smashing!!

Ann said...

Beautiful colours, beautiful pattern and a beautiful A ....
... on the one side ;-)

I can identify with your experience of double knitting and brioche knitting.

Anonymous said...

You are amazing! I can only look on in wide-eyed admiration. I love the A for Asplund or Armpit!

ron in mexico said...

Beautiful work. The colours are so lovely.
Ron in Mexico

Kiwi James said...

You know how much I love the colour green! Double knitting is time consuming but it is very much worth it...