Friday 5 February 2010

De-frocked Monk


"De-frocked Monk"
Originally uploaded by
Asplund

A collar instead of a hood makes "de-frocked" a perfect addition to the name. Thanks for your suggestion, Lars!

Perhaps I'll add a couple of buttons and crochet hooks for them; it depends on how the sweater looks and feels when I wear it.

The white cast-off is my addition to the sleeves; I also knitted the vertical stripes in moss stitch and garter stitch (instead of knit-purl ribbing).

I'm afraid I haven't found many pictures of the original design for comparison. Interweave has one here (preview page 7) and via Ravelry I found a version of the design on Flickr.

10 comments:

heidi said...

den blev verkligen jättesnygg!!!

fast med förändringarna så ser man likheten med isagers design japan!

och med dina förändringar så har du har definitvt gjort om originaldesingen från könsneutral till väldigt "manlig"!

snygga detaljer också med annan färg i kanterna:)

Lars said...

It looks great Asplund! Ha en riktig bra helg!

Anonymous said...

A very handsome sweater. Yours with the collar looks so much better than the original that I saw on Flickr. I like the touch of white on collar and sleeves. I often cast on and/or off with another colour. Gee, you are very productive and it is on top of your work. Way to go.
Ron

Knitting-twitter said...

..it looks very stylish.. christa

P. Matthew Russo said...

I love the white accent on the cast-off of the sleeves and collar. Nice touch.

FadenStille said...

Ist er schon fertig?????
Kaum zu glauben, ich mag den diagonal-geraden Mix und der Kragen ist wirklich besser als ein Rollkragen.
Auf dem Foto sieht es so aus, als sei ein kleines Stück(Dreieck) eingestrickt(wäre auch prima), aber ich glaub, das Rückenteil scheint durch.
Knöpfe würde ich nicht machen, nun ist alles in Harmonie auch der helle Abschluss.
Trag ihn mit Stolz und Freude, gute und schöne Dinge, sollten gute und schöne Namen haben ....;-)))
Liefs Anett

Unknown said...

Hej! Det var otroligt kul att träffa dig idag;o) Anette

Asplund said...

I appreciate all your comments very much! And it was great meeting you too, Anette!

knitwick said...

The sweater turned out wonderful without the hood. I love the white edging!!

Anonymous said...

I really like the white cast-off. It adds character to the sweater. Great job!